230 Old Homestead Highway Swanzey, NH 03446
Our client in the Keene NH area has a great direct hire opportunity for an experienced Buyer. This is a highly sought out employer who offers a generous benefits package. Salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Duties/Responsibilities of the Buyer include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms
- Must possess the ability to evaluate Engineering/Design documentation and make recommendations
- Manage contracts and vendor accounts
- Maintain optimal inventory levels to support inventory goals.
- Release and management of purchase orders
- Work with MRP exception reports and reschedule previously released orders to respond to changes in the Master Production Schedule or customer demand.
- Help with implementing and phasing in Engineering Change Notices
- Perform other related assigned duties as assigned
Skills/Qualifications of the Buyer:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years planning/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Visual (or similar) ERP/MRP system
- Must be computer literate with full working knowledge of MS-Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
- APICS certification preferred
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good communication skills; both oral and written
- Time management
- Must be organized with attention to detail
If you are interested and qualified, apply today! You can apply online at masemp.com or call Masiello at 603-358-1000.