CNC Lathe Machinist
17 Huntington Lane P. O. Box 847 Walpole, NH 03608
Growing local manufacturer has an excellent opportunity for an experienced CNC Lathe Machinist. Your skills and experience will be rewarded with a great work environment, great pay, and outstanding benefits including health/life/disability/vision insurance, paid time off, 401k, and bonus plan. The ideal candidate will be proficient in all aspects of machining, from programming through operation and inspection.
Your duties as a CNC Lathe Machinist:
- Setup, troubleshoot, operate CNC lathes or mills. Extensive familiarity with CNC program/operation machining centers using MasterCam
- Identify/execute improvement opportunities in programming, manufacturing methods, tooling, and fixturing
- Read and understand machine code
- Work with other team members on manufacturing capabilities, production schedules to facilitate production processes
- Assist with inspection and validation using basic inspection equipment
- Ensure documentation is in accordance with appropriate QMS procedures
Your qualifications for the CNC Lathe Machinist:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment turning/milling including machine set-up, tooling design, work holding, and machine operation of CNC Lathe set up and operation experience
- Familiarity with GD&T required
- Proficient with G Code read and editing
- Strong knowledge of tooling selection and inspection of high value precision parts
- Capable in MasterCam or comparable CAM software
- Extremely capable of establishing machining feeds/speeds/depth of cuts required to maximize production
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram from
- Must have strong math skills, ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common factors and decimals, along with the ability to compute ratio and percent
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints, 3D models
- Practice and emphasize workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up to/or move up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be willing to work overtime on a regular basis.
This 1st shift Direct hire opportunity will offer $18-20+/hour depending on experience.