Corporate Tax Preparer
10 Optical Ave Keene, NH 03431
Would you like to be part of a company that values their employees?
Would you like the opportunity to grow and advance in your next role?
Are you interested in having a positive work/life balance?
Our client, a well-established, rapidly growing company in Keene, NH, is looking to add a CorporateTax Preparer to their busy and fun team. This position will have you working Monday – Friday 8:30am-5pm and offers $17-$20/hr depending on experience. This exciting opportunity is temp-to-hire with a wonderful organization with a long history of leadership and community involvement. Once hired on you will be eligible for their extensive benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/Life/Legal/Pet insurance, 401k, short & long term disability, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, as well as an employee discount/purchasing program.
Your responsibilities as the Corporate Tax Preparer:
- Income tax accounting for compliance and planning
- Prepare/submit monthly/quarterly/annual reports and payments for transaction taxes
- Business licensing
- Work with state and local agencies to resolve issues
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Documentation/preparation for tax audits
- Provide accurate and timely data for indirect tax returns
- Ensure tax rules/rates are correct in internal systems
- Assist with state legislation research/investigation for assigned tax areas
- Assist with maintenance of exemption certificate database/requests
- Implement/document procedure changes
- Assist with identification/application/tracking of credits and incentives, and oversight of payroll tax process
- Oversee processes for Form W-8, W-9, and 1099
- Assist with ongoing process improvement procedures/implementation
- Perform other tasks/projects as needed
Your skills/qualifications for the Corporate Tax Preparer position:
- High School Diploma required, Associates degree in accounting/finance preferred
- 3+ years of recent and relevant experience – tax or accounting
- Proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, accounting systems, and tax software
- Experience with Oracle accounting software a plus
- Sales and Use tax experience a plus
- Experience with account reconciliation and double entry bookkeeping
- Familiarity with month end close of AP/AR/GL and tax audit
- Working knowledge of GAAP principles
- Ability to learn complex financial systems and tax software
- Working knowledge of tax accounting and legislation
- Must have strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Are you looking to join a fun and dynamic team with a company that makes an impact? Interested and qualified for this exceptional opportunity? If so, please send resume to email@example.com or apply on-line at www.masemp.com.