Athol, MA 01301
Exciting opportunity for Machine Operators to join a great local manufacturer in the Athol area! We are working with L.S. Starrett to find excellent candidates to fill several openings. Your skill and attention to detail will be rewarded with competitive pay $14-$18/hr within a well-established company. These positions are temporary, but there is potential for a permanent position. We have openings on both 1st and 2nd shift. 1st shift is Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm and 2nd shift is 3pm-11pm. Both shifts require mandatory overtime.
Working as a Machine Operator, you will be responsible for the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Follow operating instructions on CNC machines
- Perform a range of turning, drilling, tapping, reaming, boring, facing and similar machining operations
- Watch for faulty operation/defective material and report to foreman
- Inspect parts to ensure specifications are met
- Replace/sharpen tools as necessary
- Machine maintenance including cleaning, oiling, greasing, etc.
Skills/Qualifications of the Machine Operator:
- Must be able to set up and operate more than one machine
- Ability to be on your feet for the entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs throughout the shift
- Some manufacturing experience
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Solid work history