Medical Billing Clerk
171 West St. Keene, NH 03431
Our client, a busy and growing medical office located in Keene, has an immediate need for a Medical Billing Clerk. This is a full time, temp-to-hire position that will have you working 9:30am-5pm Mon-Fri and offers $14-$17/hour depending on experience. This is a great company that values their team members and offers excellent benefits including medical/dental/life insurance, paid time off, 401k with company match, eye exams, glasses, continuing education and lots of opportunities to learn and grow.
Your duties as the Medical Billing Clerk:
- Coding and submitting claims to insurance companies for payment of services provided
- Posting explanation of benefits (EOB) payments
- Tracking unpaid insurance and patient balances
- Invoicing patients for private pay/uninsured costs
- Following up with insurance companies and patients as needed
- Answering patient billing questions
- Scanning and uploading documents to the electronic medical records system
- Other tasks as assigned
Your skills/qualifications for the Medical Billing Clerk position:
- 2+ years recent previous medical billing experience or associates degree in accounting
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of basic accounting principles - credits, debits, general ledger etc.
- Solid computer skills
- Fast and accurate data entry skills
- Problem solving skills
- Comfortable tackling problems with getting payments from insurance companies
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of medical/vision procedure and diagnosis codes a BIG plus
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Are you highly motivated, self-directed, and ready for a new challenge? If so, please apply today! To apply for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.masemp.com.