90 Technology Drive Brattleboro, VT 05301
Our client, a busy and growing manufacturer in Brattleboro, has an immediate need for a part time Microbiology Technician. This position will have you working 20 hours per week Monday-Friday between 7:00am and 5:00pm with the possibility of a short weekend shift as well. This is a temporary position expected to last 3-6 months offering $16-$18/hr depending on experience but is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door at a highly desirable company!
As the Microbiology Technician you will be responsible for the following tasks including, but not limited to:
- Prepare media for microbial testing
- Perform growth promotion testing for media
- Prepare samples for microbial testing.
- Measure pH
- Sterilize via autoclave, media for culturing and all potentially bio-hazardous trash generated in the microbiology lab
- Operate, clean, and perform preventative maintenance for all equipment systems in the lab
- Order and maintain supplies for the lab
- Perform equipment and testing validation when indicated
- Monitor environment and generate graphs displaying results
Your skills/qualifications for the Microbiology Technician:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 1 year laboratory experience
- Possesses basic understanding and practice of aseptic technique
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Must be able to be in your feet up to 60% of the time
- Must be able to climb ladder up to 6'