Student Career Coach
Keene, NH 03431
Masiello Employment Services is assisting Work Opportunities Unlimited to identify interested and qualified candidates to be considered for this exciting position in the Keene, NH area. These positions can be full-time or part-time depending on the candidate. Pay will be commensurate with experience.
About the role:
Do you thrive in a work environment that offers daily variety and helps others? Do you want to make a difference in the community where you live? This might be the position for you! An Employment Specialist (CRS) is a community-based human services position, responsible for assisting students with barriers to secure meaningful employment, completing employment assessments, providing and/or arranging the necessary job supports to ensure success, and documenting progress at the job site.
What makes our culture unique?
- We think outside the box – tailoring a position to the skills of the team member and the clients we serve.
- We have fun! Holiday gatherings, team meetings, award ceremonies, team building events and celebratory dinners!
- Mobility within the company to transfer and take on leadership roles.
- Extensive training program – team members have the opportunity to shadow and learn from other successful CRS’s.
- Advanced technology – can access notes and client information via an extensive portal.
As a Student Career Coach your daily activities might include:
- Direct Support: Providing direct support to students with disabilities to develop career goals, prepare for their job search, secure their job, coach the individuals as they learn the tasks and responsibilities of their positions, and facilitate communication between the individual and his/her employer.
- School Services: Working with students, often with disabilities, in local school districts to provide career exploration, job coaching and direct support.
- Business Developer: Contacting employers in the community to identify job leads, and assist students in securing employment
What does community-based look like?
- You transport clients throughout the community to and from work sites.
- You’re not spending your day at a desk or in a cubicle!
- You meet with your clients out in the community, whether it’s at a Starbucks, Panera Bread, etc.
- You have a list of priorities, but how you organize those throughout the month is up to you.
When you join the Work Opportunities team, you are joining a company whose mission is as strong as its people. You will get the chance to invest your ideas and passion into something that truly matters; all while growing personally and professionally.
We also offer a comprehensive benefits package to full-time staff members including health and dental coverage, 401k plans, PTO, holiday pay and educational assistance. Other perks include bonuses for placing clients into jobs, a varied scheduling outside of the office and in-depth training opportunities.
Come help change the world of work!
Please visit our website to apply: www.workopportunities.net